Saturday, September 24, 2011

If I were a Bird

If I were a bird, I'd be happy and free.
Flying, soaring, diving, whee!
I'd never have to walk again.
Whenever I get tired, then,
I'd fly to the treetops, way up high,
And sit as close as I can to the sky.
In the animal world, there's no currency,
So I can eat and get what I want for free!
I'd play with squirrels and chipmunks, I could.
I'd play hide and seek with a deer, I would.
I'd have no limit to where I can fly.
I'd go to Hawaii, I wouldn't be shy.
I'd love to be a bird, it would be great!
But it wouldn't be so cool if I ate
Worms and bugs every day, I'd get sick.
I wouldn't have pizza, or ice-cream to lick.
I'd have to sleep standing. I'd miss my bed,
And my pillow, were I could rest my poor head.
My home would be a nest. It's really quite plain
That this kind of house can't keep out the rain.
Besides, I'd miss my family and friends.
If only I could be with them again.
So when you come to the point, I think it would be
In my best interest if I was just me.
And when I get that longing, haven't you heard?
I'll soon be getting my very own pet bird.
-~-~-~-~-
Originally written: February 2, 2006.
When I was 15 years old.
^_^
This is only part 1. It's supposed to be coupled with this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment