Saturday, September 24, 2011

If I were a Human

If I were a human, I could do anything.
I could read, and write, and dance and sing!
I'd have no predators, no enemies, that's good.
I'd have only friends in my neighborhood.
I might be smart, I might be cool.
I can chill with other kids in the pool.
I could do things a bird's never dreamed up.
I could win a big medal, prize, or cup
For being the best in a sport or a game.
I could be on my way to fortune and fame!
But I wouldn't be conceited like some humans are.
I'd be kind, modest, and generous, by far.
Oh the life of a human. It sure would be fun!
But I couldn't stand it if I had just one
More of those revolting, over-sweet candy bars.
I'd never get used to driving in a car.
Plus if I'm a human, I gotta go to school.
I hear that place just bombards you with rules.
Every human needs to know something of money.
This money business doesn't sound funny.
I'd pretty much miss my habits and ways,
When I was cheerful, happy and gay.
So when you think about it, I bet you will see
That I'm better off if I was just me.
If I remember my wish, have you heard the news yet?
I've got a human to be my pet.
-~-~-~-~-
Originally written: February 2, 2006.
When I was 15 years old.
^_^
This is part 2. It's supposed to be coupled with this poem.

2 comments:

  1. Eeep, I read this one first by accident, but I loved both of them. aslkejflsaksa eidske so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rainy. I just found them in one of my notebooks and thought, "I gotta put these up on my blog!" I was surprised at what I had written when I was younger than you. Lol. ^_~

    ReplyDelete