Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Marshmallow Air

The air smelled like marshmallows, the crickets chirped and played.
You said you had to see me, you couldn't stay away.
We sat upon a picnic bench, smiling, holding hands.
We shared an indescribable feeling. It was grand.

The air smelled like marshmallows, because of roasted s'mores.
Sitting here alone with you was what I'd waited for.
Gazing at your soulful eyes, feeling you hold you me close.
Sharing this moment with you is what I enjoy the most.

The air smelled like marshmallows, the wind was cool and breezy.
Anything I did with you came natural and easy.
You opened up your heart to me, with the story of your life.
The fact that we'd soon say goodbye cut through me like a knife.

The air smelled like marshmallows, sugary and sweet.
The joy get from being with you simply can't be beat.
Just know that when I'm not with you, you are sorely missed,
And when I'm alone, I think about the next time I'll give you a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment